Located in West Fort Worth off of Camp Bowie and Pershing Ave is the Japanese Restaurant Tokyo Cafe. After being burned to the ground a couple of years back, Tokyo Cafe made a come back with a bigger and better setting in the same exact location in Fort Worth. They returned with a bigger menu that allows guests choose from Japanese or Japanese inspired food such as Ramen, Tokyo Style Fish and Chips, and Half-Roasted Teriyaki Chicken.
Tokyo Cafe is a moderately priced restaurant with a strong average Yelp review of 4.2 out of 5 (as of time of writing, November 29th 2017). It is known for being clean and having great, efficient service which often leaves customers happy and have them coming back for more. Despite the large variety they offer, customers mostly talk about their Stir fry Edamame, Sushi, and Crunchy rolls.
About Tokyo Cafe:
- Type of Food: Japanese / Sushi
- City: Fort Worth
- Neighborhood: West Fort Worth / Camp Bowie
- Average Price: $$
- Average Reviews: 4.2 / 5
- Website: TokyoCafeFW.net
- Online Menu link (pdf): TokyoCafeFW.net/Menu.html
- Delivery Options: No
- Take Out Options: No
- Awards: Best Chef 2017 (Fort Worth Magazine), Best Asian Restaurant 2017 (Fort Worth Magazine), Restaurant of the Year 2017 (CultureMap Fort Worth)
Where as some may say this place is a little pricey and Americanized, Jorge, a local guide in the Fort Worth area rated this restaurant as “Best Japanese restaurant in Fort Worth with plenty of alcohol options to choose, from Japanese whiskey to smooth sake” (perfect if you’re feeling a little boozy).
A majority of their customers would definitely return and recommend the restaurant to others.
Contact Tokyo Cafe
Address: 5121 Pershing Ave, Fort Worth, TX (click to see on Google Maps)
Tokyo Cafe in the Press
- “Tokyo Cafe Rises from the Ashes” – Fort Worth Business Press. April 28th, 2017. Retrieved November 29th, 2017.
- “Best Chef 2017” – Fort Worth Magazine. 2017. Retrieved November 29th, 2017.
- “Best Asian Restaurant” – Fort Worth Magazine. 2017. Retrieved November 29th, 2017.
- “These Are The Best Restaurants and Bars in Texas for 2017” – CultureMap Fort Worth. April 25th, 2017. Retrieved November 29th, 2017.
- “Dining review: Tokyo Cafe in Fort Worth is back” by Anna Caplan – Star-Telegram. November 29th, 2016. Retrieved November 29th, 2017
All photo credit to Tokyo Cafe